Put The Baby For Adoption At Hospital


By walking out of a hospital AMA — against medical advice, you risk medical complications, which could threaten your future well-being and even your life. Also, leaving the baby at the hospital, before signing a consent to adoption, will cause the hospital to contact DCS. When DCS gets involved, it will make the baby a Child in Need of Services (CHINS) and place the baby in a foster home. Additionally, DCS will investigate the birth mother or birth parents, including going to her/their home, and requiring her/them to attend court hearings, submit to random drug tests, and participate in parenting classes, OVER A PERIOD OF MONTHS OR YEARS. For most birth mothers who want to get out of the hospital at the earliest possible moment, leaving AMA and abandoning the baby will likely have the unintended consequence of jeopardizing the birth mother’s health and having to deal with DCS for a long time. Waiting for an extra, few hours to get the consent to adoption signed properly will likely save lots of aggravation and stress, in addition to being safer.

If you are thinking about giving your baby up for adoption, or more correctly, making an adoption plan for your newborn, we, at Adoption Attorneys Kirsh & Kirsh, P.C., will try to accommodate your wishes regarding all aspects of the adoption including the timing of the consent signing.  We will meet you at the hospital, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, including all holidays, if you want to leave the hospital as soon as possible after birth.

We will answer your questions and provide you the information you seek, without cost or obligation on your part. In other words, talking to us costs you nothing nor does it mean you ever have to talk or text with us, again. We can assist you with an Indiana adoption no matter whether you live in Huntington or Huntingburg, Greencastle or Greenfield, or Merrillville or Michigan City, or any Indiana county or city in between.

We have lots of wonderful, carefully screened, loving families (married, single, Lesbian, and Gay) who cannot wait to welcome a baby into their hearts and homes and are happy to assist with living expenses to the full extent allowed by law.

You can call, text, and or email us anytime —call: 317-575-5555, text: 317-721-2030, email: AdoptionSupport@kirsh.com, or a Facebook message:  https://www.facebook.com/KirshandKirsh/. We answer our office phone, by a member of our office staff – not an answering service — 24 hours a day, every single day. We try to respond to emails and text messages within minutes of receipt.

POSITIVE ADOPTION LANGUAGE DISCLAIMER:  Please understand that these blog posts are written in a way to use language that people use when searching for help with their adoption plans.  Unfortunately, while all of us understand what positive adoption language means, most expectant moms that come to us at first do not understand what that means. The most common search term on the Internet for expectant moms is “how do I give up my baby for adoption”.  If we do not include those words in our blog posts, and instead put “how do I create an adoption plan for my baby” then our website will not show up in most expectant mom’s search results on Google.

Write a Comment