Put Up my baby up for adoption


The answer depends on the state in which you live and whether you and the father of the baby are married or have been married to each other in roughly the year preceding the birth of the baby.  Because we, at Adoption Attorneys Kirsh & Kirsh, P.C. (“Kirsh & Kirsh”), have our main office in Indiana, we can file most of the adoptions we facilitate in Indiana, even if the birth mother or expectant mother lives in Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Michigan, or any other state. Indiana has among the best adoption laws in the country. Under Indiana law, an expectant or birth mother does NOT have to identify the father of the child. Indiana law enables a birth father to take the initiative to protect his parental rights if he so desires, by means of the Indiana Putative Father Registry. In 2020, the Indiana General Assembly enacted a bill that extended the concept of the Indiana Putative Father Registry to any state that has its own Putative Father Registry. If a woman conceives a child in any of the twenty-seven states with Putative Father Registries, we, at Kirsh & Kirsh, can file the adoption in Indiana and rely on the Putative Father Registry in the state of in which the woman got pregnant to address the birth father’s parental rights, without the birth mother having to identify him. However, under Indiana law, the Putative Father Registry does not apply to those men who have established paternity by in a court action or by executing a paternity affidavit or to husbands of birth mothers.

We, at Kirsh & Kirsh — or the “Kirsh Boys,” as the adoption attorneys at Kirsh & Kirsh are sometimes called – Steve, and his brothers, Joel and Rob, and his son, Grant, pride ourselves on answering questions about adoption and explaining the process without pressure or judgment.

Our contact information is below. We will answer your questions and provide you with the information you seek, without cost or obligation on your part. In other words, talking to us is FREE and does NOT mean you ever have to talk or text with us, again. The Kirsh Boys have 90 YEARS OF COMBINED EXPERIENCE practicing adoption law. We can help you in finding an AMAZING, WONDERFUL, adoptive home for your precious baby, whether you live in Westfield or Indianapolis, Martinsville or Columbus, Jasper or Newburgh, South Bend or Mishawaka, Marion or Ft. Wayne, or any Indiana county or city in between, or ANYWHERE in Tennessee, Mississippi, Kentucky, or Michigan.

There is always a family waiting to love your child. We have lots of family options from which you can choose, all of whom are wonderful, carefully screened, loving families, FROM INDIANA AND ALL OVER THE COUNTRY (married, single, Lesbian, and Gay) who cannot wait to welcome a baby into their hearts and homes and are happy to assist with living expenses to the fullest extent allowed by law. You make all the choices which family adopts your baby & extent of contacts you want after the child’s birth.

You can call, text, and or email us anytime -call: 317-575-5555, text: 317-721-2030, email: AdoptionSupport@kirsh.com, or Facebook message: https://www.facebook.com/KirshandKirsh/. We answer our office phone 24 hours a day, every single day. We try to respond to emails and text messages within minutes of receipt.

POSITIVE ADOPTION LANGUAGE DISCLAIMER:  Please understand that these blog posts are written in a way to use language that people use when searching for help with their adoption plans.  Unfortunately, while all of us understand what positive adoption language means, most expectant moms that come to us at first do not understand what that means. The most common search term on the Internet for expectant moms is “how do I give up my baby for adoption”.  If we do not include those words in our blog posts, and instead put “how do I create an adoption plan for my baby” then our website will not show up in most expectant moms’ search results in Google.

Write a Comment